As a Fabric Technologist you'll be responsible for the fabric management across all departments into our manufacturing process. Supporting Pour Moi with strategic goals, proactive processes, sourcing/approving fabric qualities at development stage and achieving Pour Moi fabric performance standards as a minimum. As an integral part of our Buying / Technical / Design & Merchandising teams.
- Introduce fabric innovation and technical developments to support business strategy
- Enhance our offer of sustainable products
- Introduce a fabric development function working together with Design and Buying and oversee the fabric approval process.
- Implement a robust fabric management system.
- Manage test report approvals across all departments. Approving wash care wording and fibre composition approvals accordingly.
- Highlight test report failures to the relevant Buyer and Garment Technologist. Suggest solutions to supplier and carry out wear trials as needed.
- Check & ensure sustainability and chemical compliance certification.
- Work with labs to implement a test report portal for storage of reports for all suppliers.
- Update the Pour Moi performance manual standards in line with any updates in legal and chemical legislation. Working with the Garment Technology team to ensure performance guidelines are relevant and in line with competitors.
- Create a labelling manual for all product areas to ensure compliance in all countries.
- Support sustainability goals and wider strategy.
- Further develop transparency of Tier 2 supply base.
- Deal with customer complaints and queries relating to fabric.
- Identify potential high risk styles and carry out the necessary due diligence testing to ensure compliance.
- Support buying team with testing requirements and costings for new product categories and trial orders.
To view the full job description, click here