11th August 2021
Before landing on your doorstep, every piece of our lingerie, swimwear & clothing goes through a number of processes that have an impact on the planet. We’re passionate about making these products more sustainable, without compromising on our fabulous fit and quality. How do we do this?
Sourcing sustainable materials
Over the past two years we’ve introduced recycled materials, fabrics, dyes & finishes in our collections to reduce our environmental impact without compromising on glamour. Find out more about the materials we use below.
Eco Vero Viscose
Did you know that viscose is made from natural materials? Derived from certified sustainable wood & made using an eco-responsible production process meeting high environmental standards. It’s a sustainable alternative to viscose which is light, soft and comfortable.
A more sustainable option without compromising on comfort & softness the recycled polyester we use is made mainly from PET plastic bottles. Giving materials that would have ended up in landfill a new lease of life. Did you know the Bella dress uses approx. 15 recycled bottles per garment.
Recycled Nylon / Polyamide
We have introduced recycled nylon into our collections, starting with the Reflection collection. We seek materials that are strong and supple, provide excellent elasticity and comfort, whilst being lightweight and soft to touch. Nylon / polyamide offers all these features whilst reducing our reliance on fossil fuels.
Extending the life of fashion
Here at Pour Moi, we make high-quality and fabulously fitted products that are long-lasting and durable to make you feel your best. This starts with the right fabric and fit for each style.
Did you know?
- Our Energy sports swimsuits are made with chlorine resistant XTRA LIFE™ LYCRA® and recycled polyester. Lasting twice as long as standard swimwear fabric.
- All our clothing & nightwear is tested to be washed at 30 degrees, which is more planet friendly. heck out our planet friendly tips for washing & caring for your knitwear, swimwear & lingerie.
- Our new have belt loops attached under the waistband which means they are more secure, and therefore will last longer.
Addressing the bra challenge
We will be honest with you; we all know how supportive and uplifting bras are, but they can be very challenging to make sustainable! Here’s why…
- Bras have up to 25 different components using a variety of mostly fossil fuel derived materials such as polyester, nylon & lycra.
- Padded / moulded bras are made from man-made materials which generates unavoidable waste in production.
- Due to the number of different components bras are very complex to re-cycle at the end of their life.
Here is what we are doing to help make our beautiful bras more sustainable for guilt free fashion and support…
OVirtual Fit S
...helps women find the perfect size to fit and flatter, in turn reducing the need to return garments and carbon energy via transport. Find out more.
Quality Components and Materials
...ensure our bras are made to last – such as strong wire casing to prevent those pesky wires from peeking through.
Using Recycled Materials
...to reduce our carbon impact and diverting plastic waste that would have otherwise ended up in landfill.
Wash by Hand
All our bras can be washed by hand – no need to dry clean using nasty chemicals.
No Fast Fashion
We only develop trends that fit and flatter our customer, rather than fast fashion that has a limited time span.