11th August 2021
Did you know plastic packaging in the UK accounts for more than 70% of our overall plastic waste? That’s a lot of waste! That’s why we’re looking at ways to reduce the use of single use ‘poly bags’ while ensuring our garments arrive to you in tip top condition so you never miss a fashion opportunity.
Making our packaging sustainable
- We’ve reduced the size of the poly bags we use to use less plastic.
- We have changed the way we package several of our garments, meaning that these products can be packed flat and folded, saving on unnecessary packaging.
- We’ve replaced fossil fuel-based plastics with recycled and bio-based plastics.
- All our mailing and garment poly bags are fully recyclable. These can be recycled in your local area, for more information on how to do this head to recyclenow.com. Our swing tickets are also fully recyclable.
- our core packaging to use recycled materials, including packaging produced from sugarcane which have been produced from renewable resources. Significantly reducing our contribution to greenhouse gas emissions.
- We have reduced unnecessary packaging that includes garment hangers – that’s 180,000 less plastic hangers a year!
- We are changing our gift box offer so that we can provide two sizes for you to choose which is most suitable for your garment. These boxes will be made with recycled materials and will be fully recyclable from Autumn 2021 onwards.