The Pour Moi team is growing fast and we’re looking for more passionate people to help our customers feel fabulous! Could you be part of the Pour Moi team?
From when we sold our very first bra way back in 2005, to today when we sell one approximately every 30 seconds, passion and playfulness is at the heart of everything we do. Our team is not the only thing about Pour Moi that’s expanding! Our range has grown along with us to include clothing, sportswear, nightwear and hosiery with exciting new developments planned for future seasons.
Our predicted annual turnover is £25 million, making us one of the leading brands in lingerie and swimwear. With sales increasing year on year, it means we need more brilliant people who share our passion, to join in with the next part of our story.
Before you decide to work somewhere new, you’ll want to know a bit more about the company to find out if it’s a good fit for you. So, to show off our best bits, we’ve put together a list of all the perks you can expect when you join Pour Moi.
Central offices in Brighton
Sunday night blues? What are they? Funny, friendly colleagues will make your Mondays much less painful. And then there’s our location. Want to go for a quick dip in the sea before work? Love to listen to a wild soundtrack - the noise of the local seagulls. Our Brighton offices let you do all this, plus they’re handy for the train station (and nipping to all the quirky independent shops in your lunch break).
Sharing the same goals helps us work together as a team. So, to make sure everyone’s on board, we offer a generous annual bonus scheme. After all, success is always better when you share it.
Got friends? We’ve got discounts. Whether you want to treat yourself to leggings or your mum to slippers, you'll receive an exclusive discount on all Pour Moi products.
Dolly Parton may have worked nine to five, but you don’t have to. We’re all about being healthy and happy here at Pour Moi so we’re open to a chat about flexible working.
- Oversee the efficient receipt, storage, retrieval and timely despatch of stock.
- Ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
- Plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organise special requirements for certain stock.
- Ensure productivity and quality targets are met and maintained by leading, motivating, organising and encouraging your team.
- Work closely with members of the management team to create an efficient working environment.
CUSTOMER INSIGHT ANALYST
- Deepen our understanding of our customers via clustering, segmentation & analysis
- Work with key stakeholders to define business information requirements and build out appropriate datasets, reports & dashboards to inform decision making
- Combine and analyse large volumes of data from different sources, including Google Analytics, Website Sales Reporting and Stock Management systems to extract and present clear actionable insights to senior stakeholders
- Understand our current data landscape and work collaboratively with other teams to improve data quality & embed a data driven approach
- Identify data quality issues and work with appropriate teams to ensure they are resolved
- Work collaboratively with different areas of the business including Merchandising, Marketing and Operations