Fabric & Garment Technologist Assistant (Clothing, Lingerie, Swimwear)
Who we are:
At Pour Moi, the passion and ambition of our people has been shaping who we are for almost 18 years now. From when we sold our very first bra way back in 2005, to today when we sell one approximately every 30 seconds, passion and playfulness is at the heart of everything we do.
Our Mission: to make our customers feel confident and sexy in their own skin, by delivering a wardrobe full of fun, fizz and feel-good vibes. With an uplifting personality weaved into every garment, we’ll take care of the fashion, you just feel your fabulous!
At Pour Moi we aim to empower and include everybody. We work hard and consciously to create an inclusive and diverse environment that represents our customers and colleagues. We are making a continued committed effort to further our learning and welcome and encourage all applications.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Pour Moi as a Fabric & Garment Technologist Assistant, across multiple categories, a role key to the development & growth of our product ranges.
Garment Technologist assistance
- Measuring of garments
- Chasing suppliers for workbooks and filling in ready for fit sessions
- Workbook training to new suppliers
- Assisting on workbooks updates; such as adding photos after fit sessions
- Checking suppliers have correctly completed all workbook information.
- Supporting with wearer trial preparation and gathering of information/ photos. measuring etc
- Conducting garment wash tests internally or externally, when required
- Attending fit sessions when required
- Putting away of fit samples after fit sessions.
- Supporting Garment Technologists on administration and organising of QC issues / samples.
- Supporting the Garment Technologists & buying teams on ensuring product labels are fit for purpose with correct labelling / wash care / fibre composition etc.
Sustainability & Traceability assistance
- Data collection for various sustainability & CSR reporting
- Chasing in and administration of BOM information (Bill of materials) to improve traceability of our garments
- Analysis of BOMs data with support from Garment & Fabric Technologist
- Ensuring have all relevant certifications for sustainable fabrics & components (such as GRS / Okeotex certificates etc.)
- Working with the Garment Technologist to ensure have all relevant test reports.
- Supporting due diligence testing for RSL (Restricted Substance List)
- Working with Garment Technologist & Buying team to have all relevant certification for recycled packaging (such as GRS certificates etc.)
- Supporting to deliver Pour Moi’s sustainability policy across product and packaging
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) assistance
- Ensuring we have all supplier audits
- Chasing suppliers for updated factory audits when they expire
Skills / experience required:
- The ideal candidate will have training &/or experience of fashion & design, experience in pattern cutting, basic knowledge of fabric and garment technology.
- Some experience working in a Buying/Design/Technical office, however previous experience is not essential
- Organisation skills, able to use initiative and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Numerical competency
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues & suppliers.
- Keen attention to detail
- Good teamwork skills a willingness to participate as a full team member
- Computer literate proficient in excel and word applications
- Previous system experience is desired or clear ability to learn systems
- Positive, Passionate & Proactive
- A dynamic self-starter who can prioritise their own workload and take full accountability for all aspects of their role
- Excellent prioritisation skills with the ability to manage a fast paced workload
- A team player with a can do attitude who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is completed on time and to the highest standards
- A confident communicator, who can clearly articulate credible opinions based on facts to their collegues.
In return, we offer excellent benefits, including:
- A competitive salary (Salary from £24k P.A)
- A warm, friendly team environment
- Central offices in Brighton
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Exclusive discounts
- Flexible working
- Full Time – 9am – 5pm Mon – Fri
- With flexible working option 2 days WFH per week
If you are interested in applying for these roles, please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suited to role to [email protected]